To book a ride call us 7:45 am-5:00 pm Monday-Friday at 1-888-869-6287 Option 6.
To book a ride online click here:
To download the Android app click here:
How to Book A Ride with the Phone App
Microtransit Overview on Windsor TV
Initial Microsoft Feasibility Study
Map of the Microtransit Service Area
Where to Find Info on This Project
Video of the September 14th Public Meeting
Microtransit Is Coming to Windsor
Windsor is one of only five Vermont towns that has been given a three-year pilot program Microtransit Grant by the Vermont Agency of Transportation (VTrans). It will be operated by Southeast Vermont Transit (SEVT) – The MOOver.
What is Microtransit?
Microtransit is an Uber-like system of real-time hailed, dynamically routed, public transit service open to all members of the public with service provided by a small bus or van.
Earlier this year a study was done to determine if Microtransit was viable in Windsor. It was determined that it was viable, and a grant was awarded to SEVT to implement the service. A copy of that study is available here.
What are the Project’s Stages?
1.A multi-layered outreach plan educating the public and stakeholders on the microtransit service model
2.Meetings and other forms of outreach to solicit input on how the system should work
3.The procurement of a software app to schedule rides
4.Draft a service plan
5.A second round of meetings and public outreach on the draft plan and final public input
7.Field testing the software
8.Start the service January 23, 2023 at 6:00 am
SEVT, in partnership with Mount Ascutney Hospital and VTrans, has developed a public outreach plan which will seek input from the public, the Town of Windsor, other transportation providers in Windsor, social service agencies, the School Board, and others. A series of public meetings will be held during the various stages of this project. The second and final set of public meetings will be held at the Windsor Welcome Center on January 18, 2023 at 2:00 and 6:00 pm.
How will Microtransit work in Windsor?
Monday-Friday non-holiday service 6:00 am-6:00 pm
A hoped-for no more than 30 minutes wait time from request of ride to pick up
Curb to curb service
Riders will share a vehicle with other riders and the route will deviate from the most direct route to a route that accommodates other riders
Fare free – no charge to ride the bus/van
The service area is all trips picked up and dropped off within the Town of Windsor boundaries, plus Exit 9 on Route 91 via Route 5
One lift-equipped vehicle – small bus or Ford Transit-type vehicle
Trips must be reserved, and can be done by an app, calling the SEVT Office, or booking online. No hailing of rides along the route
What is the service area?
It is the Town of Windsor’s boundaries plus Rt 5 to Exit #9 Park & Ride.
What About the Existing Transportation Services in Windsor?
The Core Team will work closely with providers such as Volunteers in Action, school bus transportation, and local taxi companies.
How can I Stay Informed About This Project?
- Keep checking this page
- Announcements in local newspapers
- Posters at key locations throughout Windsor
- Public meeting dates, times, and locations TBA (they will be in-person in Windsor and virtual)
- Call SEVT 1-888-869-6287
- MOOver social media – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Items to Remember
- This system will have limits – we cannot serve large numbers of riders at the same time. You may be asked to re-schedule or postpone your ride, walk to/from your stop, and share the vehicle with other riders. Remember, we can only travel within the town boundaries, and along Route 5 as far as Exits 8 & 9.
- This is a pilot program, which means we are testing a new type of system for a two-year period.
- We will be tweaking it, correcting it, and we will be learning about it as we go.
- It is not meant to replace existing transportation systems, but to complement them.
- We are using new software, operating a new type of service, and involving lots of new, moving parts. There are bound to be hiccups, so we need everyone’s cooperation and patience.
- We are in constant communication with other service providers to learn from them and to share our experiences.
- Likewise, we are all ears to your input and together we will make the service perform as best as we can.