Brattleboro Microtransit

Microtransit Is Coming to Brattleboro!

Thanks to generous grants and support from the Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation (BDCC) and The Town of Brattleboro, a microtransit pilot program will start in Brattleboro on April 15, 2024. It is called The MicroMOO2.

BDCC is funding 81% ($100,000) of this initial phase of the service with a grant from the Northern Borders WIOA Dislocated Work National Reserve Demonstration program. The Town of Brattleboro Human Services Fund is providing the remaining 19% ($24,000). There is enough funding projected to last until late February 2025. We are applying for additional grants to make this program sustainable for the long term.

What is Microtransit?

Microtransit is an Uber-like system of real-time hailed, dynamically routed, public transit service open to all members of the public with service provided by a 12-seat bus.

How will Microtransit work in Brattleboro?

It will operate Monday-Friday non-holiday from 5:00 pm-11:30 pm

A hoped-for no more than 30 minutes wait time from request of ride to pick up if the vehicle is not already full

Curb to curb service

Riders will share a vehicle with other riders and the route will deviate from the most direct route to a route that accommodates other riders

Fare free – no charge to ride!

The service area is all trips picked up and dropped off within the Town of Brattleboro boundaries

One lift-equipped 12-seat bus with two bike racks

Trips must be reserved, and can be done by an app, calling the SEVT Office, or booking online. No hailing of rides along the route

Will this replace other MOOver routes in Brattleboro?


Public Outreach

The MOOver will use radio, TV, social media, partner networking, this website, signs, handouts, brochures, and newspapers to communicate about this project. A public meeting was held April 9th at 11:00 am and 4:00 pm in the Select Board Meeting Room of the Brattleboro Municipal Center to answer questions and to demonstrate how a ride can be booked on the app, online, or via a phone call. The 11:00 am meeting was taped by Brattleboro Community TV and will be aired later in the week.

How can I Stay Informed About This Project?

  • Keep checking this page
  • Two public meetings both on April 9, 2024 in the Brattleboro Select Board Meeting Room in the Brattleboro Municipal Center, 11:00 am and 4:00 pm.
  • Call SEVT 1-888-869-6287
  • MOOver social media – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
  • Brattleboro Community TV’s airing of the first Public Meeting

How long will this service be offered?

The existing BDCC and Town of Brattleboro Human Services Fund can provide enough support to run the microtransit project until @ late February 2025. We are applying for long-term funding through the Vermont Agency of Transportation this spring for longer term funding. This is a pilot program which means it must meet quantifiable ridership and financial efficiency levels to continue to be funded. If no additional funding can be secured the program may be suspended in early 2025 but we are doing everything we can to prevent that.

Is this system going to be like Windsor’s microtransit pilot?

Yes, but we will rely much more on reservations made through the phone app for Brattleboro whereas in Windsor most people call us. Windsor is averaging 29 rides per day and has done 6,693 rides in the past 12 months.

How and when will be able to book a ride?

Ride reservations can be made starting 8:00 am Thursday, April 11, 2024.

  1. call the office Monday-Friday 7:45 am-5:00 pm. You cannot use this method after 5:00 pm.
  2. use the QRyde app 24/7 – download the app on Google Play or the Apple Store. Click here for instructions how to use the app.
  3. Click here for instructions how to use the online portal.

Multiple rides and recurring trips can be booked in advance.

Items to Remember

  • This system will have limits – we cannot serve large numbers of riders at the same time. You may be asked to re-schedule or postpone your ride, walk to/from your stop, and share the vehicle with other riders. Remember, we can only travel within the town’s boundaries.
  • We will be tweaking it, correcting it, and we will be learning about it as we go. There are bound to be hiccups, so we need everyone’s cooperation and patience.
  • It is not meant to replace existing transportation systems, but to complement them.
  • Reserve your trip – especially recurring trips – as soon as possible and for as far out as possible.
  • If you cannot make your reserved trip please remember to cancel it so that someone else may use that time.